These books coupled with SUGI Papers will give you the impetus/basics to learn and explore more on the Internet.
1. Professional SAS Programmer’s Pocket Reference – Rick Aster
This book would be a must for any SAS Professional I guess…..It’s a quick handy book for Syntax and options……
2. SAS Certification Prep Guide: Base Programming – SAS Institute
This book is a Prep Guide for BaseSAS….I would suggest you to read the whole book before you attempt the exam in addition to the SAS Online tutor, as it covers some uncovered syllabus on the latter….
3. Cody’s Data Cleaning Techniques Using SAS Software – Ron Cody
This book is an excellent source of examples of SAS in real-world applications….
4. Common Statistical Methods for Clinical Research: With SAS Examples – Glen A Walker
This book is a must if you serious about getting into Clinical Trials…..It gives you an excellent base of clinical trials, the SAS/STAT Procedures that are used in different Phases of Trials and so on….
5. Analysis of Clinical Trials Using SAS: A Practical Guide – Alex Dmitrienko, Geert Molenberghs, Christy Chuang-Stein
This book is in addition to the above book which would give you real-world clinical trial examples with SAS/STAT Procedures..
6. Data Mining Using SAS Applications – George Fernandez
I would recommend you to read this book if you have Finance background and seriously looking into Financial Data mining field.